An introduction into Thai reflexology (Nuad Taow) which is a common foot massage practice in Thailand. The massage is practiced either on a mat or table with the clients clothed. This is foot reflexology and foot massage combination that focus on oil less massage that focuses on direct pressure, muscle stretching, compression and rhythmic rocking movement. An herbal cream is applied at times to specific points on neck, back and temples. The massage therapists not only use hands but feet knees and elbow as well. Students will Learn proper body mechanics and body positioning of both practitioner and client which are fundamental to successfully giving Nuad Thai massage. Thai ethics will be taught for this modality.
Upon completion of this course, the students will be able to:
• Explain the importance of practicing mindfulness
• Define Thai reflexology (Nuad Taow)
• List the benefits of Thai reflexology (Nuad Taow) for the client
• Demonstrate reflexology sequent.
• Palpate muscles for areas of dysfunction.
• Demonstrate the placement of hands, knuckles, thumbs, fingers and fist when executing Thai reflexology (Nuad Taow).
• Know contraindications for Thai reflexology (Nuad Taow).
Class of 2020 Available Dates:
No class available at this moment.
Two Day Program
9am - 6pm each day
Minimum 4 people to start a class
Maximum 16 people in a class
We ensure the best learning outcome of every student.